This is a family vacation like you have never done before. Join us for an adventure your family will talk about for years to come! Experience the unique and awe-inspiring beauty of God’s Creation in the Copper Country of Upper Michigan!
Individuals, couples, and families are welcome to travel on the Living Waters bus with Living Waters Bible Camp Ministry and Adventure Program Staff for this fascinating tour of four days and three nights. The glorious fall colors and cascading waterfalls will make the drive golden, as new friends are made and old friends are enjoyed along the way!
This will be a Creation-based trip that will have daily excursions focused on easy-to-moderate hikes through a copper mine, to a lookout point at Lake of the Clouds, and collecting Agates along the shore of Lake Superior.
Beginning at camp on Thursday morning at 7:00AM.
Return to camp on Sunday evening at 6:00PM.
- Adventure Copper Mine - Underground Tour
- Lake of the Clouds - Porcupine Mountain
- Seaman Rock and Mineral Museum
- Copper Harbor Agate Hunting
- Copper Tailings Prospecting
- Prospectors Paradise Rock Shop
- Bond and Agate Falls (if time permits)
- Continental Breakfast available at camp on Thursday morning at 7:00am,
- Four days with the bus & driver (no discounts for those driving separately).
- Entry Fees to Parks, Basic Copper Mine Tour, and Tailing Mine.
- Newly remodeled Lodging, includes: swimming pool, hot tub, Finnish Sauna, and work-out room. Staying at Quality Inn and Suites for three nights.
- Breakfast included with the hotel stay.
- Lunches provided all four days.
- Return Home by 6:00pm on Sunday.
- Living Waters Bible Camp Trip Leaders.
- Transportation, short hikes, and activities for the whole time!
1 Person $375
2 People $495
3 People $615
4 People $735
5 People $855
6 People $975
Registration will close on September 15th.
If I drive to Houghton in my RV, do I need to pay for the hotel?
Not if you let us know in time for us to cancel your hotel rooms! J
What is your cancellation policy?
Your non-refundable deposit is only returned if the trip is filled by others.
Are there any discounts?
Our only discount is for children under 13, as we are trying to keep the cost as low as we can for everyone and still have a great Adventure. There are no additional discounts for younger children as they still require a seat on the bus. Unfortunately, there are no scholarships available for this trip.
How physically challenging is this trip? Do I need to be a tri-athlete to go?
This is a very user-friendly tour. If you are able to walk half a mile with easy to moderate inclines, you will be good to go! All walks are optional and there are no strenuous uphill climbs.
At the Adventure Mine there is an optional tour that includes rappelling into a lower level –you would need to sign up with us ahead of time and there is an extra cost.
Is this a "family friendly" trip?
Absolutely! This is a great opportunity for families to experience memories together that will last a lifetime! It will also help parents (or grandparents) mentor their children (or grandchildren), as God commands us in Deuteronomy 6:4-9. Children 17 or under must be accompanied by a parent (or responsible adult).
What if I am afraid of tight spaces?
Not to worry…the cave is large enough to walk in upright, with occasional bending over. Hard hats are provided. You can wait outside the cave if you are concerned, and we will have optional crafts to do if you prefer.
*Please consult your physician if you have any questions regarding your physical capabilities to participate on this trip.