Things to Know
The purpose of the following guidelines are to inform both parents and campers of expectations while at Living Waters Bible Camp. Please take the time to read through these guidelines with your camper.
- Check-In will be held from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Please do not arrive before 2:00 as we will not be set up.
- If you are not able to make it during this time, please call to make arrangements.
(*These times do not apply to day camps)
- Pick-Up: Join us on Saturday morning at 9:30am for breakfast and pick-up.
Wisconsin law requires that in order for our health care staff to administer prescription medication to a participant, the bottle MUST be labeled with the participant's name, name of medication, dosage, frequency and route of administration, name of prescribing physician, date prescribed, possible side effects and precautions. For over the counter medication, the medication must be in its ORIGINAL CONTAINER and clearly labeled with the participant's name, the dosage, frequency of administration. By law, medication must be correctly labeled and in its original container. We cannot dispense medication brought to camp in plastic bags or daily dispensers.
All camper medications must be entered on the Medication Form (not just the health form) in your child’s online registration account prior to camp check in on Sunday. If this information is not entered prior to camp check in, computers will be available for you to enter the information at that time.
In the event that your camper is in need of medical attention the camp nurse will care for your child. You will be contacted if the camper has an illness or injury which requires ongoing care or is taken to the hospital.
- Please bring the remainder of your camp fee with you to registration.
- The camp fee covers all meals, class materials, craft items, activities and awards.
- We now accept Discover, MasterCard and Visa.
- Warm, hot days & cool, cold nights. Temperatures may vary from 45 to 100 degrees. Please check the weather for Westby, WI prior to your week at camp, and pack accordingly.
- Rains periodically.
MAIL & EMAIL
- Distributed daily Monday - Friday at lunch
- Packages and letters may be dropped off at camp during check-in. The package will then be given to your camper on the day of your choice.
- Parents should be conservative with candy and gifts in mail.
- Your camper's address at camp:
Living Waters Bible Camp
E8926 Reo Ave
Westby, WI 54667
- To ensure that mail reaches your child at camp, please send at least three days prior to desired delivery date.
- We will also print emails and deliver them to your child. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name as the subject of the email.
- Your child will not receive anything that comes via e-mail after 11:00am on Friday.
- 8-12 beds per dorm.
- Each bed has a personal shelf.
- Beds are bunk-beds with safety roll-out bars. No bedding is provided.
Campers may want to bring extra money to spend at the camp store, $3-$10/day is typical. All campers are asked to turn in their money at check-in. (We don’t want cash in the cabins.) This will be placed in their store account for safe keeping.
- The Camp Store supplies only gifts and snacks for purchase during store time (typically 2-3pm).
- Items in the store include: Clothing, Water Bottles, Stuffed Animals, Jewelry, Bibles, Books, Candy, Ice Cream, Snacks and much more.
- The store stocks a few personal items available for purchase if forgotten (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste).
- Camper spending money is collected and kept on account until the end of the week.
- You may add and monitor money in your child’s store account through your online registration account.
- Due to the full schedule that your child will have during the week, we ask that you limit your calls to emergency only. Consider sending your child an e-mail, a letter, or a fax.
- There is no cell phone reception at Living Waters Bible Camp.
- There is a public phone available for camper emergency phone calls out.
- A nurse is provided for each week of camp.
- There is a fully-stocked First Aid station with 24-hour access by camp staff.
- A registered nurse administers and ensures all daily medications are given to campers.
- Living Waters is a closed camp. This is for the safety and enjoyment of every camper.
- Parents and friends are welcome to enjoy camp during registration on Sunday and the special family breakfast on Saturday at 9:30am. We are not able to accommodate visitors with lodging at camp, but are happy to provide information on local lodging.
- If necessary, parents may schedule a proper meeting with their child by contacting the Administration Office and making arrangements, in advance.
What to Bring
BEDDING (only for overnight camps)
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Twin bed sheet
- Alarm clock (battery powered)
- Swim Shorts/Swimsuit (one piece)
- Sweatshirt (hooded)
- Shoes - regular use
- Shoes - to get wet
- Socks - bring extra
- Sandals- for pool and shower times only
- Rain Coat
TOILETRIES (only for overnight camps)
- Towel/Beach Towel
- Personal hygiene products
- Bug Spray
- Camera, batteries
- Water bottle
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- iPods (music players)
- Cell Phones
- ... and other similar items