Viewing entries in
Learn about Bats (Myths, habitat,)
- Campers will evaluate (spiritual/emotional) fears and how to manage (overcome) them from a Biblical perspective.
- Campers will learn about the unique attributes and lives of bats.
- Campers will explore the myths and fears associated with bats.
Bird Surveillance Hike
The stars declare the Glory of God. Enjoy the wonder of his glory through the dazzling display of stars at camp.
- Campers be in awe of God
- Campers will have an opportunity to praise God
- Campers will learn to find stars, constellations, and planets.
- Campers will learn why the heavenly objects are significance.
- Campers will learn about the object (planet, star cluster) they view through the telescope
Great Lights Astronomy
Walk through our solar system and stop off at each planet and learn about them.
- Campers will see that the earth could not occur by chance; it must be made by God. Campers will see how the earth is designed for life by a caring, life-giving, God.
- Campers will learn that the search for intelligent life beyond the earth is not Biblically based.
- Campers will learn about the solar system and how its components work together.
- Campers will learn about recent discoveries in the solar system.
Learn basic tracking skills and enjoy viewing Gods creation
- Identify positive and negative role models
- Understand how people’s behaviors influence each other
- Identify how to be a more Godly role model
- Learn to identify and understand animal signs and tracks
- Learn about native animals and their characteristics
Meet the animals that call Living Waters home, and learn how God has created them each
- Understand the evidence of a Creator shown in animals
- Understand that the role of animals is different than humans
- Learn about the created kinds of animals
- Learn that common ancestor evolution is not proven, supported, or true
- Learn the unique characteristics of the selected animals
- Learn how to hold or pet unique animals
Learn basic compass skills and find your way through our compass course
- Clearly hear the Gospel
- Identify practical ways/tools to help campers live for Jesus Christ
- Learn how to use a compass
- Learn how to pace a distance
- Cooperating with teammates
Beaver Pond Expedition
Discover the power of your five senses on this hike to enjoy God’s creation
- Campers will hear how God is a good and amazing God.
- Campers with be encouraged to be thankful.
- Campers will learn how their senses work and that they are well designed
- Campers will practice using/training their senses
- Campers will experience how God has provided basic yet amazing things for us to enjoy.
Take a closer look at the human body and the amazing evidence that we are of a great and powerful creator.
- Campers will see that God is the marvelous Creator of mankind.
- Campers will be urged to be in awe of their Creator and to praise Him
- Campers will learn about the design of the human body – brain, heart, eye, ear
- Campers will learn evidence showing how humans are a result of Creation not evolution.
Go on safari looking for the invertebrates that call Living Waters Bible Camp their home. Learn to identify some of these locals. (Seasonal)
- Campers will hear how God has made them special and cares for them.
- Campers will evaluate their own unique attributes and how they might use them to glorify God.
- Campers will be reminded to be thankful to God for how he has made them.
- Campers will learn how to identify insects & other arthropods.
- Campers will learn where to find and how to capture insects & other arthropods.
- Campers will learn a little about captured insect’s physical abilities
In the Nature Center enjoy learning about some of the most incredible insects that God has created from around the world.
- Campers will see how attributes of God can be recognized in His creation of insects.
- Campers will see how the complex design in insects is evidence of God being the Creator.
- Campers will learn about record setting insects
- Campers will learn about the physical designs that enable insects to live in their environments.
As we search for clues to solve the mystery of ancient man’s intelligence and motivations to worship a deity; we will learn how God satisfies our desires to worship.
- Campers will see that God created humans intelligent from the beginning.
- Campers will realize that people have a natural desire to worship a deity.
- Campers will understand how pagan religions are all insufficient to satisfy people’s longings.
- Campers will understand how only worshiping the true God fulfills people’s desire to worship.
- Campers will learn how scientists run an archeological site and handle artifacts.
- Campers will learn about ancient writing forms and what they communicate.
- Campers will learn about ancient science and technology developments.
Come experience the days of creation as you walk through the Creation Museum, and consider the purpose of the seventh day when God rested.
- Campers will realize God as Creator and some of His other attributes revealed in creation such as: Omnipotence (all powerful), Omniscience (all knowing), Omnipresence (always present – outside of time), Eternal/Self-existence (separate from creation).
- Campers will understand the basics of a straightforward reading of Genesis, meaning God created by His word, in six ordinary days, several thousand years ago.
- Campers will realize how all of scripture is consistent in a literal creation understanding.
- Campers will recognize God systematically forming the universe for life on earth to care for people. This planning reveals His characteristic of love and immutability (never changing).
- Campers will hear scientific creation models that help us understand the created universe.
- Campers will learn interesting facts that highlight each day of creation
- Campers will have a visual mental guide to remember the days of creation
Additional Goals for the Rest Center Portion:
- Campers will appreciate the seventh day of the creation week and see how God provides rest for people.
- Campers will learn about the properties of work and rest.
Campers will plunge into the abundant life under water with nets, and microscopes. As they discover plentiful life they will marvel at God’s provisions for their own life.
- Campers will learn a Biblical view of the value of the earth.
- Campers will be challenged to use the natural resources God has provided
- Campers will identify some ways that God has provided good things for their lives.
- Campers will learn some unique traits of water creatures in a pond/lake system.
- Campers will learn about some of the natural chemical components in pond/lake water.
- Campers will learn about the changes of ponds/lakes.